|Job type||Full Time|
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, this position will be based as a telecommuter for the foreseeable future. Only when Abt reopens offices to all employees will there be an expectation that new hires return to the geographical office to which they were hired.
Abt Associates seeks a Capture/Proposal Manager to be based in Rockville, MD. The Capture/Proposal Manager will oversee the capture, preparation and submission of corporate priority proposals, and provide capacity building and training support. Proposals will cut across multiple technical sectors and a variety of U.S. government agencies including CMS, CDC, HHS, EPA, DoED, and USDA.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage the development and maintenance of an opportunity's capture plan, including working with Division leadership and subject matter experts in assigning capture responsibilities, documenting and tracking capture activities performed, identifying gaps or additional tasks required, and continually updating the capture plan.
• Facilitate the smooth transition from the capture to proposal stages of business development, ensuring that the proposal team has the necessary background and documentation compiled at capture to write a responsive proposal.
• Lead strategy and milestone meetings, including win theme discussions, competitor analyses, SWOTs, and color team reviews.
• Communicate with external organizations identified as bid partners; facilitates brainstorming sessions with sub-contractors over potential teaming issues; identifies, requests, analyzes, and packages information needed from teammates for inclusion in proposals.
• Develop proposal outlines, compliance matrixes, and schedules and orchestrated review meetings; coordinates graphics, editing, and proposal production.
• Support oral presentations, Q&As, and Final Proposal Revisions (FPR)/Best and Final Offers (BAFO)
• Contribute non-technical content to proposals, such as management plans and past performance.
• Train Abt staff on the business development process and business development skills and developing new templates and tools that result in greater efficiencies, enhanced quality, etc.
• Support further refinements and improvements of Abt's business development process through participating in working groups, strategic planning efforts, and other internal reviews/assignments.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
• Strong proposal management and writing experience
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and strong teamwork skills
• Experience with domestic agencies including HHS (including, but not limited to CMS, CDC, SAMHSA, HRSA) EPA, DoED, USDA highly desired
• BA and 8 - 10 years of experience in proposal management OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.