|Category||Financial Analysts and Advisors|
|Job type||Full Time|
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
LHSS is seeking a Senior Project Finance Analyst to support the $209M LHSS 5 year project. The objective of the LHSS project is to support achievement of USAID health systems strengthening (HSS) priorities as a means to achieve universal health coverage (UHC). USAID's focus on health systems strengthening is to support partner countries on their journey to self-reliance and prosperity to meet their commitments for improved health and well-being of their population, by strengthening health systems performance and supporting sustained health impact. The objectives of the project are: 1) Increase financial protection, 2) Increase population coverage and 3) Increase service coverage of quality essential services. USAID anticipates a need for integrated health systems strengthening in up to 52 countries prioritized under USAID's efforts for Preventing Child and Maternal Deaths, Controlling the HIV/AIDS Epidemic, and Combating Infectious Disease Threats.
Abt Associates is seeking a highly-motivated and conscientious individual with strong excel and analytical skills. Preferably with prior USAID experience and experience with budgeting, subcontracts and grant management. The position will be based in Rockville, Maryland.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Under the direction of a Project Finance Manager, the Senior Project Finance Analyst works alongside project managers/directors in the division in support of managing the financial and contractual elements of the project(s). Collaborates with other department/functional support areas including Contracts and Procurement, HR, corporate/division finance and Project Operations. Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and changing work environment is required.
Financial Management & Reporting:
• Under guidance of the Project Finance Manager, collaborate with Project Directors to build appropriate work breakdown structure to comply with client requirements and allow for accurate time charging and financial projections
• Under guidance of the Project Finance Manager, develop work plan and concept note budgets for project teams that align to contractual requirements, proposal and project WBS
• Work with Program Managers/Project Directors (PM/PD) to adjust as appropriate to ensure they accurately reflect the costing of technical activities
• Reviewing, validating and reporting project actual costs incurred for labor, expense and travel
• Document and submit information in support of accruals for work performed but not yet invoiced in accordance with company policies
• Learn about factors that affect financial risk analysis such as contract type, subcontracts/materials, staffing, and other measures as appropriate.
• Report financial risks of assigned portfolio to Finance Manager and Project Director
• Comply with company, client, local and other legal requirements rules and regulations
• Track the progress of any activity with financial implications such as milestones with progress payments or ties to fee
• Ensure timely processing of vendor invoices and support in keeping subcontractor payment and consultant payment tracker up to date
• Update monthly budget trackers of assigned portfolio working with Country Managers and Operations Analyst to keep forecasts of activities up to date.
• Support F&A activities to obtain Remote Office Voucher (ROV) backup; review receipts for ROV process / compare to Quickbooks and backup for accuracy
• Review travel expense reports for accuracy; Track outstanding project advances and Amex
• Manage completion of VAT reports and country specific client reports of assigned portfolio of countries
Subcontract/Grant Expenditure Oversight:
• Work closely with project team to initiate purchase requisitions in Oracle in support of project services and material purchase needs. Ensure correct task codes and expenditure types are utilized during set up.
• Work with Procurement and Operations team, learn how to review supplier, subcontract, and consultant agreements to monitor funding and understand the agreement types in relation to the prime contract obligations
• Keep tracker of active Global subcontractor work orders and payment status up to date
• Work with Global subcontractor representatives to ensure they submit budgets on time for WO set up and work with subcontractors to ensure monthly forecast for respective work orders is up to date.
• Review subcontractor/supplier/consultant invoices for accuracy, validate subcontractor/supplier/consultant spending is in alignment with expected forecasts, funding, and commitments
• Work with AP to ensure invoices are routed, reviewed and approved in a timely manner
• Experience with Oracle and TMI based systems referred
• Skilled with excel for data manipulation and analysis such as pivot tables, lookups, etc.
• Experience managing the financials for fixed unit price contracts (such as call center, survey, transaction-based efforts)
• Experience with T&M, FFP, and Cost Plus contract financial management
• Ability to work in teams with strong communication skills and ability to build local financial capacity
• Ability to competently complete a variety of activities with a high level of accuracy and timelines
• Experience and proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to speak a foreign language (French/Spanish) preferred but not required.
• 5-7 years of experience and BA degree (in finance or economics) or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, this position will be based as a telecommuter for the foreseeable future. Only when Abt reopens offices to all employees will there be an expectation that new hires return to the geographical office to which they were hired.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.