Join our high-impact HR team where you can be part of an innovative and creative team of HR professionals whose passion is the pursuit of excellence.At Abt Associates, the Human Resources teamprovides global, value-added programs, services, and consultancy in a timely manner. We aim to enhance the Company's ability to attract, retain, and motivate highly talented employees. We are committed to a work environment that supports collaboration,work/family initiatives and is strengthened by diversity.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
We are seeking a Sr. Director of Global Total Rewards to lead Abt Associates Compensation and Benefits teams to continue developing competitive and equitable programs that attract and retain global talent. In this role, you'll have a proactive and innovative approach to ensure our rewards are aligned with our culture, valued by our employees, and drive business results. Thriving in this role requires balancing strategic leadership with front-line, hands-on work, and balancing focus on both U.S Domestic and International Compensation and Benefits.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the COO, the Sr. Director of Global Total Rewards will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead a team of compensation, benefits and retirement professionals through inclusive, enabling, empowering, and strategic leadership
- Using the knowledge and understanding of industry (professional services, social impact, and international development) lead an effective, competitive and equitable total rewards program across the globe to ensure market competitiveness, cost-effectiveness and fairness
- Develop a total rewards strategy and supporting policies and plans that attract and retain top talent delivering the highest level of professional services in social impact and international development.
- Implement approaches to expedite analyses on segments of the workforce, as needed, and propose recommendations to address and resolve total rewards matters for the near and long term.
- Develop solutions that anticipate the upstream and downstream effects of changes beyond the immediate group or issue targeted, to minimize adverse unintended consequences upon implementation.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations in the development and administration of total rewards policies, plans and programs.
- Collaborate with the Retirement Benefits (401k and ESOP) team to support strong plan administration and participant engagement and communications
- Collaborate closely with Finance to ensure thorough analysis of cost/savings of any changes under consideration as well as timely and accurate reporting.
- Lead in a manner that builds constructive and positive relationships while maintaining accountability, consistent with the values of Abt Associates
- Develop and implement approaches to ensure Abt stays abreast of market developments, regulatory changes and innovations in the design and delivery of total rewards programs.
- Lead change and innovation in HR and in total rewards programs to develop Abt HR as leaders in the HR profession and to develop Abt as a destination workplace.
- Provide strategic direction, planning, and execution of Abt's compensation and benefits programs including health and welfare, retirement, time-off and flexibility, disability plans, and other various offerings
- Stay on top of total rewards trends and offerings to ensure Abt's are fresh, modern, and competitive
- Continuously evaluate and refine our rewards programs to ensure they are aligned with our business and talent strategies and market trends
- Manage the effective communication of compensation, benefits, and wellness programs to achieve employee awareness, understanding, and appreciation of program offerings
- Ensure all programs are administered in compliance with regulations nationally including the management of all compliance filings, reports, and audits related to the administration of employee compensation programs either directly or through vendor and partners
- Serve as an integral member of the HR Leadership team advising on programs impacting the organization as a whole and collaborating with HR Business Partners to understand and address the unique needs of their various client groups.
- Prepare materials for Abt's Board of Directors as needed
- Building Effective Teams. Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
The successful candidate will possess these competencies:
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Business Acumen. Understands the company's business goals and objectives, the business process, and impact of individual actions on business performance. Applies cost-effectiveness, competitiveness and profitability to business decisions and initiatives.
- Customer Focus. Building strong internal customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Developing Others. Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental systems in the organization; is a people builder.
- Drive for Results. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy. Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Motivating Others. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Problem Solving. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Strategic Agility. Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive breakthrough strategies and plans.
- In-depth knowledge of all facets of compensation and benefits administration, practices and principles and familiarity with industry trends to include international development compensation and benefits.
- Experience in building global/international compensation and benefits programs through benchmarking,
- Knowledge of group health and welfare and retirement programs.
- Knowledge of compensation practices including job evaluation and analysis, incentive compensation design, and executive compensation programs within professional services, government contracting and international development.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, and effective organizational, presentation, supervisory and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to design and develop creative and resourceful programs and continuous improvement.
- Experience with project management and process design.
- Ability to be hands on and take full ownership of the Abt's total rewards function.
- Experience with HRIS systems and working knowledge of how to leverage data within the systems.
- Experience in Board of Directors Compensation Committee reporting and presenting.
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management, finance, business or related field
- 10+ years progressive experience in total rewards, with a focus on executive compensation, base compensation, market pricing, variable pay, job evaluation/architecture, and cost modeling on a global scale
- Previous experience partnering with Executive teams, Board of Directors, and Compensation Committee
- Professional Certification (GRP, CCP, CBP, CSCP or CECP) is preferred
- Global experience so as to understand the challenges, opportunities and interdependencies that underpin an integrated Global Total Reward approach
- Excellent analytical skills, with a high focus on accuracy and follow-through and strong attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills, including building PowerPoint presentations and comfort presenting to all levels of the organization
- Roll up your sleeves mentality; this is a leadership position but you will still be involved in individual contributor work
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, high growth, and deadline-oriented environment
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, this position will be based as a telecommuter for the foreseeable future. Only when Abt reopens offices to all employees will there be an expectation that new hires return to the geographical office to which they were hired.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.