|Category||Miscellaneous Business Operations Specialists|
|Job type||Full Time|
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
Abt Associates seeks bright, talented, and intellectually curious students to add to our talent pipeline. As a paid intern in the Global Business Development Unit (GBDU) you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience while being exposed to challenging projects and learning from some of the top experts in the field. At this time we anticipate our internships will be remote, and candidates can be located anywhere in the United States.
The Summer Internship Program at Abt Associates is 10 weeks, beginning June 7th through August 13th, 2021. Interns must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) for the duration of the program
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Supports the market research team to conduct opportunity research and drive pipeline development
• Assist in the compilation, analysis and reporting of business development performance metrics
• Work with GBDU Domestic and International BD Directors to support the pipeline governance process
• Attend and support proposal and sales meetings, as appropriate
• Partner with proposal and capture managers on key bids to support task coordination, contribute to section development, help with data collection, and assist with reviews
Department / Division Qualifications
• Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level degree program
• Ideal candidates will have academic or work experience in international development or one of technical areas focused on by company's divisions (i.e., social economic policy, environment and natural resources, health, economic growth and climate change)
Program Minimum Qualifications
• Has completed at least two years of college coursework
• Maintains a GPA of at least 3.2
• Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Is available to work full-time throughout the 10 week internship
• Is eligible to work in the United States
• Transitioning military are encouraged to apply
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, this position will be based as a telecommuter for the foreseeable future. Only when Abt reopens offices to all employees will there be an expectation that new hires return to the geographical office to which they were hired.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.